Would you like to join our research team? Here’s how:
1. Read this document on how to approach a professor about doing research.
2. Understand our work style.
We aren’t a physical science lab. We do social science/policy research that involves survey methods, data analysis, and developing code books and coding surveys, documents and other materials. Students that work with us enjoy a fair amount of independence that they’re expected to manage appropriately. We typically make sure that each student is tasked with both an assignment that focuses on the needs of the team, as well as a project of personal interest to that student. We think professional development is important, so we encourage you to pursue it.
3. Work Location
You must be on-site at the Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center for at least 8 hours per week during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ET). There is the opportunity to complete 2, 4-hour blocks in order to fulfill the 8-hour commitment.
4. Send us exactly what we need in order to consider you for a position.
- a resume,
- one professional reference (name, email address, and phone number),
- an email cover letter, and
- a time when you’re available for a 30-minute phone call in the next 3 weeks.